Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shhh....

This year, I resolve for a year of change in the Wiens home.  

I resolve to grasp the true meaning of the verse...

"Be Still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

We Wiensies love to talk.  We love to laugh.  We love to share.  
If you know us, you know we aren't the quiet type.  
  
The word, "shhh" is often heard in our home because one of the kids is being too loud.  


This year, I desire for the word, "shhh" to have a different meaning.  
I long for an understanding of being quiet in a way that's different than just not being loud.


I long for my children, my husband and especially myself to learn to be "still".  


To wait upon the Lord, to hear his voice in our hearts and to obey his commands.  


I resolve to change my home to be still in God.  


No comments:

Post a Comment